- Provide a completed Leave Application with a doctor's certificate or FMLA form to Human Resources at least 30 days prior to your leave. Once your form is received you will be contacted by Human Resources to schedule your leave. All leaves must be approved by the East Windsor Regional School District Board of Education.
- Employees are granted 4 weeks before and 4-6 weeks after depending on the birth. If you are in need of a longer leave based on a disability, please provide a doctor's certificate.
- If you do not have enough sick days to cover your maternity leave, you will be placed on unpaid leave for the time you are off.
- You must work 90 days to advance to the next step on your salary scale.
- If you are on unpaid leave, EWRSD does not pay into your pension. You can buy back your time if you would like. For more information contact: Payroll/Pension, Anita Berlin.
- Health Benefits. Do you receive our Health Benefits? If so, please contact Benefits for specific questions. Donna Eisenhauer.
NJ Family Leave Insurance is offered by the State of NJ. This insurance allows you to be paid a portion of your salary (up to $884.00 per week) for 12 weeks during your unpaid leave. You may use this within a 12 month period from the date of birth of your child. An application must be filed online along with your newborn's birth certificate.
For more information regarding NJFLI or your claim, call Dept. of Labor - NJFamily Leave Insurance: 609-292-7060 or Fax 609-984-4138.
For information and to start a claim, visit https://myleavebenefits.nj.gov/.