School Closing, Delayed Opening & Early School Closing Information
In preparation for a possible public health-related school closure due to COVID-19, the East Windsor Regional School District will follow an early dismissal schedule for students on Friday, March 13 and Monday, March 16, 2020. Kidcare will remain OPEN.
This will provide our administrators and teachers with an opportunity to finalize and review the plans associated with Remote Learning.
I realize this is somewhat short notice, but it is in the best interest of our students to ensure we have an appropriate Remote Learning plan in place.
In case of inclement weather, you will be notified via the School Messenger automated calling and email system. In addition you may check the following information sources:
- Comcast Channel 27
- Verizon Channel 38
- News Channel 12
- www.1015.com (Storm Emergency Page)
Schools Closed : Kidcare will be closed also.
Early School Closing (Determined in Advance before the School Day Begins) :
- Schools will follow the early dismissal schedule found on each school's website.
- AM and PM Pre-School students will follow the early dismissal schedule found on each elementary school's website:
Preschool Early Dismissal Session
AM: 8:50 to 11:20 a.m.
PM: 10:50 a.m. to 1:20 p.m.
- Kidcare Afternoon Session will be CLOSED . Kidcare students who are assigned to a bus will take the bus home at 1:20 p.m.
Early School Closing (Determined While School is in Session) :
- If an early dismissal is determined when school is in session, there will be NO PM Preschool and NO PM Kidcare . Parents will be notified as soon as possible if the need for an early school closing is determined after the school day has already started.
Schools will follow the delayed opening time schedule which can be found on each school's website. Kidcare will open at 8:30 a.m. Parents should have their children leave for school or the bus stop 90 minutes later than usual, except for PM Pre-School.