EWRSD Mission Statement & District Goals
East Windsor Regional School District Mission Statement
Through a safe, inclusive learning experience that is grounded in best practices, students in the East Windsor Regional School District will develop and strengthen academic, social, and emotional skills needed in order to be successful, productive citizens.
Serving Every Child, Every Day, we will strive to:
- Increase achievement by challenging and supporting each student to reach his/her highest potential.
- Address the needs of the whole child by ensuring all students feel healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged, with opportunities for social/emotional learning and growth.
- Prepare all students with the skills and awareness necessary to actively contribute as productive local and global citizens.
- Provide professional staff with the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary for highly effective delivery of instruction and services.
East Windsor Regional School District Goals for 2020-2021Core Goals for 2020-21
* Long-term goals
Ensure all students graduate from the East Windsor Regional School District with the necessary knowledge and skills to qualify for and succeed in post-secondary educational and work-related opportunities.
Core Goal #2:
Support the foundational literacy skills of all students, while addressing the achievement gap of under-performing current/former ELL, economically disadvantaged, and special education students.
Core Goal #3:
Assure that the professional development plan is aligned with the district-vision and mission.
Core Goal #4:
Provide safe and secure environments for all students and staff.
Core Goal #5:
Ensure all students are functional, skilled readers by third grade.
Core Goal #6:
Cultivate the development of students’ fundamental social and emotional skills essential for success in life and impact on learning.
Focus Goal Areas for 2020-21
*Focus Goal: one-year goal to establish priorities and to define specific action with measurable objectives.
EWRSD Focus Goals for 2020-21
Restart and Reopening for the 2020-21 School Year:
Focus Goal #1:
Develop and implement a comprehensive framework that will support the safe restart to the 2020-21 school year. The plan will address and be undergirded by the following Key Subject Areas and Critical Areas of Operation:
4 Subject Areas
1. Conditions for Learning
2. Leadership and Planning
3. Policy and Funding
4. Continuity of Learning
10 Critical Areas of Operation
1. General Health and Safety Guidelines
2. Classrooms, Testing, and Therapy Rooms
4. Student Flow, Entry, Exit, and Common Areas
5. Screening, PPE, and Response to Students and Staff Presenting Symptoms
6. Contact Tracing
7. Facilities Cleaning Practices
9. Recess/Physical Education
10. Extracurriculars and Use of Facilities Outside of School Hours
Focus Goal #2:
Re-establish the critical roles of culture and climate, and social-emotional learning, with an emphasis on relationships, to serve as the foundation for academic learning.
Focus Goal #3:
Develop a cohesive and adaptable remote learning instructional framework that prioritizes live instructional interactions between teachers and students.
Focus Goal #4:
Plan and implement curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning to support and maximize the learning needs of students and educators in hybrid educational environments.
Focus Goal #5:
Ensure students and families have access to a reliable electronic device, high-speed internet connectivity, and an array of resources designed to support and sustain the restart and reopening process.
Progress updates related to these goals will be provided throughout the year.