Children and Families
Children’s System of Care
- Serves children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral health care challenges, with developmental and intellectual disabilities, and with substance use challenges. Services can be community-based, in-home, out-of-home residential, and family. CSOS can also provide an array of substance use treatment services, including detoxification, outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial care, short-term residential, and long-term residential.
Mercer County One-Stop Career Center
- Job preparation workshops, job search assistance, one-site employer recruitments, occupational training, and much more.
- 26 Yard Ave. Trenton, NJ
- Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Orientations every Monday at 1:30 p.m.
Mental Health Resources
Catholic Charities Family Access Center
- Free therapy and psychiatric services for people with a barrier to receiving mental health treatment.
Conveniently located in East Windsor - 569 Abbington Dr.
- Visit: www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org
Jewish Family Services
- Free counseling in Hightstown.
- 609-987-8100 x102
- Free, confidential mental health information & referrals
Traumatic Loss Coalition for Youth
- It offers a vetted directory of educational websites and hotlines and phone apps for children and their parents dealing with loss.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK, www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org (chat capability)
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-NJ-HOPELINE (654-6735), Text available - firstname.lastname@example.org www.njhopeline.com
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline - Helping youth deal with any life challenges.
- 888-222-2228 (call or text), www.2ndfloor.org
- Crisis Text Line - Free, 24/7 text support line for people in crisis.
- Text HOME to 741741, www.crisistextline.org
- NJ Self Help Clearinghouse - Locate support groups in your area.
- 800-367-6274, www.njgroups.org
- Mom2Mom -Peer support to mothers of children or adults with special needs.
- 877-914-6662, www.njgroups.org
- 211 - Database for local and state resources regarding basic needs, health, employment, financial, etc.
- Dial 211, www.nj211.org
- NJ FamilyCare - Insurance for youth under 18 for low-income families
- 1-800-701-0710, www.njfamilycare.org